Friday 2 July 2010

Unused Campaign 2: Peaceonwar.org (Poster)




I like using silhouettes in my work. With this poster and unused campaign I have red and black card to portray the aftermath of a war-zone battle (in Iraq possibly?) showing a proud war machine and fallen soldiers not as casualties but leftovers in the battle. As if they're not people but pawns in a game of death. As the masses of soldiers die as a group, a long list they matter and deserve sympathy in their mass amounts, their millions. But as individual dead soldiers, they're just scraps. A grim truth to what war represents, because of this the posters needed to be grim. Although I only got round to making one. I wanted to make the poster(s) simple but shocking. I wanted it to hit the viewer hard with the flat eyesore colours. Red and black squashed together is an eyesore but it's effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment