Friday 2 July 2010

The Blurb (What the exhibition is about)



The idea for this is to give people an idea as to what the posters are about. Without a paragraph or a blurb like what I've written nobody will have the vaguest idea as to what the posters represent or what 'A Cinema Deathly' is. It could be mistaken for a film poster or even a ghost walk or something. With this piece people will know what 'A Cinema Deathly' is and will either draw them in or not interest them. It's clear and it's precise and it gives people a vision as to what I'm putting out there. My initial plan was to have this short paragraph placed on all of the posters but after trying this out it looked incredibly out of place and looked to big for the posters taking emphasis off the charcoal backgrounds I had drawn. And the posters just looked better in general with this piece uninvolved in the actual posters. So my next step (after printing off the completed posters and putting them on walls and taking pictures) is to print off my posters and the blurb as double-sided cards and fliers (or maybe even booklets?). It will stun the reader/viewer with the the viewer charcoal drawing/poster and on the other side it will have my blurb. Without this blurb my campaign is mistaken for a group of posters with no substance or meaning and cannot be proven as a campaign even. The blurb gives definition and reason to my campaign and is (in itself) proof of a campaign and can also give the reader pre-feelings before the exhibition/campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment