Monday 28 June 2010

Poster 5 (of 5) + alternate






















Here is the fifth and final poster. There are two versions which you can see. The posters are more-or-less the same with two slight differences. I duplicated the title and the slogan and gave it a wind filter which gives the illusion of drags to one side of the text. Or as if it has been blown out. The changes don't make any difference to the way I feel about this poster. This is the one I'm unhappy with at the final result. This piece lacks in character and substance and I also didn't spend as much time on so you could even say it has been rushed. When you look at it, it flares up no emotion, it's a poor and boring piece that needed more time spent on it. The fact that the centrepiece of this one is death himself I feel does not fit in to the mystery and subtlety to the project. So in a way it's like cheating my own rules. With this project I wanted a strong sense of mystery and depth. Hence the slogans being small riddles. I felt this was the piece that just lacked the mystery, the depth, the unpredictability and the horror. The reaper isn't even well drawn. At least I can say the other posters are miles better and I'm completed satisified with.

No comments:

Post a Comment