Monday 7 June 2010

A Cinema Deathly title







I wanted to create my own typeface for this project and even made a couple of attempts at some classic handwritten suitable pieces but was proven inconclusive. It's not that I gave up that I used the typeface above for my campaign it just looked sot only suitable but it looked bold and strong enough to use and although it wasn't the classic handwritten typed that I initially hoped for; it turned out to look better after all of my research. It's modern, bold, it draws the eye in, it's well drawn and structured and it has worked very well in the course of the whole project. This is a reliable type. One of the reasons it works so well for me and my campaign is the fact that I wanted an edge to the type in the posters and I wanted something different. After using the gradient tool to give the text more character and depth and to stray it away from flat black I used a plain lasso tool to scribble an edgy crack in the strong text which looks almsot like a lighting strike and is effective in it's imperfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment