Monday 28 June 2010

Full moon background for poster 4 (of 5)


This is my single favourite charcoal drawing. I came up with the idea rotting from the forest and what could like in the forest. For example, werewolves. As soon as I came up with this idea; like a quick brainstorm I thought of a full moon idea. I tried to make a mist and a cloud element shrouding the clouds in the dark sky. This is visible but not on the scale I wanted it to. I would've liked more clouds and maybe even stars scattered across the page other than what I tried to do. But other than these missing pieces I put a mist which gives sort of an edge around the clouds which makes the moon stand out even more than what it already does. I wanted to make the moon look as genuine and well drawn as I possibly could. The only ways I could do this is to bring out the shape using highlighting, texture and shadows. Things which I feel have made my moon look (hopefully) stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment