Monday 14 June 2010

Poster 1 (of 5) First and Edited






















Here is original and also the edited, completed version of my first poster. As I said about the drawing in an earlier post I added a lens flare and light beams shooting through the trees. As I said before I did not how to do this with charcoal but this edited version is actually as effective as I'd hoped. The lens flare works well behind the text, in the corner of the page. It gives hope to the dark, black and white image. Like, in this darkness and mystery there will always be hope. The glare I created does indeed give the image that extra element that I was looking for and hoping for. I then added other little edits to the piece such as putting a glow round the slogan to make it stand out more. Before all of these edits the poster looked plain and nowhere near as impressive. Even smaller scale things such as putting a bright outer glow to the slogan makes a world of difference to making a brilliant poster that will stand out. After these changesI had made; I am impressed with and proud of the finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment